Policy for use of VK90ABC
By using this callsign you agree to the following conditions. You will:
- all licence classes can use VK90ABC, but stay within your licence conditions per the Amateur LCD;
- conduct all on-air conversations in the spirit of amateur radio, and (if appropriate) talk about the ABC and its history;
- adhere to the agreed band plans;
- maintain a log of all QSOs and provide to VK90ABC admin in *.adi format on finalisation of your operations;
- if using digital modes, please include your Maidenhead locator in your transmitted data;
- refer other amateurs to www.qrz.com for QSL information. Our QSL policy is firm. We will not be issuing hard copy QSL cards, no direct and no bureau;
- refer other amateurs to www.vk90abc.net for background information and links on the ABC and its history and the special event callsign;
- we use UTC for bookings & log keeping (see below).
- activate the callsign for a reasonable time period each day booked; a “fair go” policy. Please email admin if you intend to have any material “off-air” time so the callsign can be activated by another person during your downtime.
If you have any questions about the above policies, please contact admin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your log (*.adi format) to email@example.com along with any soapbox/comments comments you’d like to make.
Important: when applying to use the callsign
In your application, please advise the bands and modes you intend to activate and also your preferred slot/s. Slots are issued in one calendar day periods, and you may apply for up to 3 slots in one application.
We use UTC for booking slots and log keeping. Follow this link in you’d like more information about UTC.
e.g. (5-7 February); (5, 7, 12 February); or just (6, 13 February).
You may apply to use the callsign as many times as you like.
(These policies may be updated from time to time)